Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Review of 8-Cup French Press

Originally submitted at Cost Plus World Market

Make a perfect cup o' joe every time with the classic French press. This popular method retains the oils from the coffee beans for a rich, robust flavor. Chrome-plated frame with dishwasher-safe glass carafe.


Cute little press

By Michelle from Seattle, WA on 6/17/2010

 

4out of 5

Pros: Dishwasher Safe, Easy To Use, Improves Taste, Durable

Cons: Fragile

Best Uses: Weekends, Home, Office, Everyday

Describe Yourself: Everyday Drinker

Interestingly enough, I bought this little press for making tea and herbal infusions. This press makes great tea that allows the herbs and tea leaves plenty of room to move around and infuse the water with every last ounce of deliciousness. I am having a lot of fun with it.

On the downside, the press is advertised as an 8-cup French Press, but after measuring my water in it today, it is actually only 4-cups in volume. Maybe the French have smaller cups! :) Kidding. I just want any future buyers to be aware of this and not expect it to produce eight full cups of coffee or tea - this will not happen.

The only other criticism I have is that my glass canister is loose in the metal casing - I am guessing for cleanability, which does help. However, I am also very aware of this when I pour my beverage and the glass moves. This makes me a little nervous, so I make sure to hold everything sturdy and tight. Maybe the designers could redo this?

Otherwise, an excellent press for the price!

Enjoy!

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment